BAF® Request: AUCKLAND-499-FS-Payments-Risk Framework Implementation
An existing ICG client is looking for a Risk Management Consultant to work with their Chief Information Security Officer to implement a risk register across 6 autonomous business units in New Zealand, Australia and the United Kingdom.
The successful accredited professional will be accountable for:
- For each business unit, design and conduct a series of workshops for managers of nine (9) operational risk domains to define and evaluate risk scenarios that represent the most material risks
- Brief and coach the responsible managers through this process, which is new to many of them
- As part of these workshops, challenge and calibrate the accuracy of the likelihoods and expected losses nominated to improve accuracy
- Input risks into the client’s risk model and output sliced views of information on risk exposure and control reliance
- Brief the Group CISO on the progress and outputs of the workshops on a regular basis
- Draft presentation of the output to the Group Risk Governance team (formed of Execs)
- Draft presentation of the output into board-ready format, which includes advice on next steps in preparation of potential audit involvement.
Risk Management Consultant
Our client is establishing a risk management plan including a risk register.
Our client has selected a risk framework and is seeking a consultant to implement this framework, including training and orientation for line managers across 6 operating divisions plus facilitating the population and calibration of the risk register and preparation of senior executive and board-level reporting on the implementation and implications for the business.
Ideally the affiliate will have significant experience in:
- 5+ years as a management consultant or risk professional
- Complex multi-business, multi-geography enterprises
- Payments and software services
- Quantified risk models, including concepts related to Bayesian statistical analysis of risk
- Facilitating workshops of including training and orientation to risk, populating risk registers and calibrating with line managers inexperienced in risk management
- Able to describe and use calibration techniques for arriving at likelihood and loss to improve accuracy
- Communication at all levels, including briefing Executive team and assisting with board communications
- Design and execution of risk model implementation plans.
Logistics, process & Rate
Logistics: The engagement will commence mid to end August 2017 and full implementation and board reporting complete by the end of February 2018. There is an interim requirement for some progress to be demonstrated in November 2017 for NZ. The successful candidate will develop a detailed plan with the client to confirm the time line for the engagement.
Note: it is currently anticipated that the work will take 15-20 days of effort; there will be specific days of work for workshops, analysis, reporting etc. so will not be a full-time position between the declared dates. Initial scoping and planning, agreed with the CISO will determine the actual number of days of effort to be expended in delivering the implementation.
Location: Ideally the consultant will be located in Australia or NZ and will need to travel to Auckland, Melbourne, Brisbane and the UK to conduct workshops.
Reasonable travel and accommodation expenses will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Rate: Final amount to be negotiated with the client, however, depending on level of experience and seniority, the daily gross rate range for the Risk Management Consultant would be between $NZ1,600 and $NZ2,000.
|AKL||07:00pm Monday, 31 July 2017|
|SYD/MEL||05:00pm Monday, 31 July 2017|
|SGP||03:00pm Monday, 31 July 2017|
|PAR/BRU/STO||09:00am Monday, 31 July 2017|
|LON||08:00am Monday, 31 July 2017|
|TOR/NY||03:00am Monday, 31 July 2017|
We will review all APT’s and select the best 3. The client will then conduct interviews.
To apply for this BAF® you should submit your ICG Accredited Professional Transcript (APT’s) in the required format (in ICG GDrive here – Accredited Professionals only) to firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.