CEO Paris HUB, Practice Leader for Retail Industries & Luxury Goods
Jean Piquet is the Practice Leader Retail Industries and Luxury Goods. He is based in Paris.
- Jean has 25 years’ experience in strategic and management consulting, mainly in retail and consumer goods sectors all across the world
- He was in charge of the European Retail and Consumer Goods division for A.T. Kearney for 13 years before managing the same division within Oliver Wyman (ex Mercer) for Paris
- Jean conducted a large number of missions in France and abroad (Western Europe, Russia, Brazil, Japan, China) for retailers of all types (food, textile, department stores, sporting goods, luxury goods) as well as industrial companies
- He is specialised in category management, offer structuring, price and promotional strategies, optimisation of purchasing conditions, network optimisation and growing strategies (international expansion, multi-channel management). On top of that, he acquired deep knowledge of customer marketing issues
- Before joining the consulting sector, Jean has been responsible of the marketing studies in Japan for Sony and Director of strategy and studies for Saint Gobain’s ceramic division.
Publications, Conferences, Academics & Social Impact
- Jean holds a Msc. in Management from HEC Paris. He speaks 3 languages: French, English and German
- He has been giving conferences to the IADS (international association of department stores) for 2 years and was invited several times to participate in debates with the French economic newspaper Les Echos and the retail publication LSA
- He built and launched the GRDI index (Global Retail Development Index) for A.T. Kearney, which indicates on a yearly basis the major opportunities for international expansion in retail
- He also developed an original approach to the national and international purchasing negotiations with suppliers called SPO (Supplier Portfolio Optimization), which is now broadly used by key retailers in Europe.