Practice Leader Operational Strategy
Jeff has over 30 years of experience working in and around operations.
Having spent over 14 years as a consultant working with McKinsey, a world-renowned consulting organization, holding leadership roles in their Operations Practice and Advanced Operations Group, he has developed deep experience and expertise in leading and supporting wide ranging business transformations in North, Central and South America, Europe, Africa and Asia.
Through his operational roles with Toyota and Honda in their manufacturing operations in the UK and more recently with JD Irving in Canada, Jeff also knows what is needed to own and successfully execute.
Jeff is first and foremost, a problem solver, recognizing the need to address the root causes of both specific and systemic issues, not just treat the symptoms.
As a strategic thinker, he helps clients step out of the ‘tyranny of the urgent’. This enables more systematic, structural and strategic approaches to be developed and adopted. However, these do not just focus on improving operations but need to be linked to, and be an integral part of the overall business’s strategy, mission and vision.
He also has deep experience and expertise in understanding and overcoming broader organizational issues affecting performance, health and agility such as culture, organizational design and leadership development and their direct influence on operational business performance.
His collaborative, engaging and adaptive style enables Jeff to build trust based relationships with clients at all levels from the CEO to the front-line workers, ultimately helping both businesses and individuals realize their goals.
- Improving organizations’ performance, health and agility
- Enabling clients to systematically diagnose current state, identifying strengths, weaknesses, problems to be overcome and opportunities to exploited
- Developing, planning, implementing, and managing short and long term operational strategies linked to the wider business strategy
- Organizational development; Structure, Leadership, capabilities, human capital
Qualifications & Publications
- Bachelor of Engineering (First class honours) in Manufacturing Engineering
University of Salford, England
- Certified Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) practitioner
- Certified ADKAR change management Practitioner
- Published articles in McKinsey Quarterly