BAF® Request: Hong Kong / Singapore-664-Insurance-
Actuarial Project Manager
A new ICG client in the life insurance business is looking to build capabilities for their online platform. In line with their platform, they will seek to develop and implement systems to meet the regulatory requirements under the new IFRS reporting standards.
IFRS17 “Insurance Contracts” is a new accounting standard for insurance contracts. It establishes principles for the recognition, measurement/valuation, presentation and disclosure of insurance contracts issued; and reinsurance assumed and ceded.
This standard will be effective January 1, 2022, meaning that the first reporting period will be for the quarter-ended March 31, 2022.
The successful accredited professional will be in charge of managing the development and implementation of the accounting processes and standards to fulfill the reporting standards under IFRS 17.
- Qualified Actuary under one of the International recognized actuarial societies with a minimum 10 years’ experience working as an actuary;
- Extensive experience in leading an end-to-end project scope in this specific context;
- Extensive amount of working knowledge and people management experience in relevant actuarial and insurance areas;
- Extensive experience in financial reporting, embedded value or economic capital processes
- Extensive experience in or comfortable working with financial reporting software
- Excellent communication skills.
- Project management experience, organizational skills and ability to think innovatively.
- Experience preparing and or conducting briefings and interfacing at all levels of management.
- Displayed initiative, autonomy and commitment to process improvements.
Logistics, Location & Rate
Logistics: Starting 1Q 2020 for a period of up to 12 months
Location: Hong Kong / Singapore
Other locations wil lbe considered on a case by case basis. All candidates will cover their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Rates: Final amount to be negotiated with the client, however, depending on the level of experience and seniority.
Close date: No later than Wednesday 18th December, 5pm AEDT
We will review all APT’s and select the best 3 applicants. The client will then conduct interviews.
To apply for this BAF® Please log into the link below to apply online to ICGs new Application Tracking Software (ATS) and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.