BAF® Request: 537-Investments-Legal Advisor-Senior Legal Consultant
A new ICG client is an established family owned investment office based in Hong Kong with a diversified portfolio of investments and interests. The client is seeking a senior legal consultant on a retainer basis to provide critical legal perspective, review and advice on matters pertaining to the investment portfolio.
The successful professional would have been in legal practice for a minimum of 10 years and qualified in a major legal jurisdiction or as inhouse legal for bank/financial institution. He/She will have demonstrated significant expertise in areas of investment account legal documentation such as private banking and/or prime brokerage platforms.
More importantly, the successful candidate is able to demonstrate a critical thinking and problem solving mindset to address wide-ranging set of circumstances in various jurisdictions and formats.
The scope of duties and responsibilities include:
- Review and evaluation of brokerage accounts, margin accounts, ISDAs, commodity agreements, custody agreements, administration agreements, fund PPM’s and LPA’s, and other investment related documentation,
- Evaluating commercial and corporate businesses, diversified asset classes and complex investment opportunities from a legal perspective, including due diligence and documentation reviews,
- Ability to manage significant business interests and/or complex personal legal needs including managing external legal counsel,
- Expertise in investments, complex financial instruments, banking and regulatory domains and be up to date with best practices,
- Well-diversified and resourceful,
- Exceptional communication, management, and interpersonal skills
Logistics, process & Rate
Logistics: Immediate start
Location: Hong Kong location preferred.
Offshore and interstate candidates will only be considered if they cover their own travel and accommodation expenses
Rate: Final amount to be negotiated with the client, however, depending on the required number of hours and level of experience and seniority, the gross monthly retainer range would be between HK Dollars $50K to $100k for up to 1 day a week availability for an initial period of 6-12 months.
To apply for this BAF® Please log into the link below to apply online to ICGs new Application Tracking Software (ATS) and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
1) Click on Sign Up – Use Your primary email address – If you have an ICG email address use that one – You will then get a verification email – Please follow the instructions on the email
2) When you have created a user please go to the applicable BAF and click on Apply now
3) Please fill in the required fields. It will store all the information for your next BAF (It only saves your most recent resume)
4) Most of the fields should be copy and paste from your current APT /CV you have one
5) You will also get an introductory email with all the relevant information if you are a new user of our system
6) In Chrome you will have to accept Cookies to make the system work
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.