BAF® Request: CANADA-604-Senior Strategic Advisor
Our new Canadian ICG client operates an online retail business with a selection of physical products. A successful multi-year business, it sells product through various channels including Amazon, Walmart and eBay. Our client is seeking a Senior Strategic Advisor to assist its CEO to formalize its ongoing strategic direction.
The Senior Strategic Advisor will report to the CEO, be accountable for providing broad strategy support, and help set the long-term strategy for the organization. This professional will bring a powerful combination of strategy, marketing, restructuring and optimization experience drawn from complex retail businesses, as well as an understanding of potential financial, change and communications implications.
- Work with Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to consider strategic options and formulate a short- and medium-term strategy
- Engage in activity and analysis to support the development of that strategy, as required, including:
- Facilitating insights and research about the market, and a dialogue about the future trends that will impact the organisation, along with ways to position the organization appropriately
- Identifying strategic options for the organization that will help it outperform its competitors over a long-term horizon, changes in the product footprint, etc. or recommend actions that would perhaps facilitate exit from the market
- Understanding the current state, the business valuation and financial implications of these various options, including divestiture.
- Build a business case to progress,and develop relevant internal communications materials relating to strategy
- Translate chosen strategies into actionable plans (e.g., what big decisions need to be made?)
- Undertake ad hoc strategic projects as directed by the CEO
- 5 to 10 years of deep experience in strategy and implementation in complex retail business(es)
- In-depth knowledge of the online world,the workings of Amazon and other online retailers, the ongoing implications and relevance of physical stores, the risks and challenges of this marketplace
- Demonstrated experience applying strategic frameworks and concepts through either a strategy position or through a consulting background.
- Understanding of international issues in online and physical retailing, along with the geopolitical and financial implications of taxation, tariffs and trade
- Commercial financial acumen, and an understanding of valuation concepts and can apply the appropriate technique for the given circumstances
- Experience working with stakeholders at various levels of an organization
- Demonstrated expert analytical business skills
- Proven expert financial / commercial acumen and seasoned business judgement
- Tertiary education in business or commerce related degree
- Post-graduate training in business is an advantage
Logistics, Location & Rate
Logistics: Canadian West Coast location, driving a business that has a significant US presence. The client envisions an ongoing trusted relationship with the chosen professional with the specifics of the engagement to be determined based on fit, etc.
Location: Canadian West Coast – While there may be a need for a physical presence on client site at some point, the professional can be based anywhere in the world.
Rate: The final amount to be negotiated with the client, based on level, experience and seniority. However, it is anticipated that the gross daily rate for the Senior Strategic Advisor would fall in the range of $2,500 to $5,000 gross per diem.
|Auckland||10:00am Friday 26th October 2018|
|Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane||08:00am Friday 26th October 2018|
|Singapore||05:00am Friday 26th October 2018|
|Paris/Brussels/Stockholm||11:00pm Thursday 25th October 2018|
|London||10:00pm Thursday 25th October 2018|
|Toronto/New York||5:00pm Thursday 25th October 2018|
We will review all APT’s and select the best 3. The client will then conduct interviews.
To apply for this BAF® Please log into the link below to apply online to ICGs new Application Tracking Software (ATS) and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.