BAF® Request: HONG KONG-606-FS-Financial Reporting Manager
Our client is an international company in the life assurance market, providing savings, investment and protection to customers in Asia and the UAE.
The client is looking for a Financial Reporting Manager to take a lead role in ensuring that source data used by the International Financial Reporting team is delivered on time, of a high quality and able to stand up to external scrutiny. The production of accurate and timely information is essential in order for management to manage the business, group and regulatory financial reporting obligations
The successful accredited professional will be accountable for the following activities:
- Support the monthly close process within agreed timelines, ensuring quality and integrity of financials
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of periodic Financial Reports to Aviva Group and Regulators/ Authorities
- Prepare internal management reports, providing insights on financial performance
- Manage and supervise a junior accountant
- Support Manager on Accounting/ Regulatory/ Actuarial updates at Group level and Draft technical papers Support adhoc projects/ tasks
Qualifications, Skills/Knowledge & Experience:
The successful professional is required will demonstrate the following qualifications, abilities and abilities and expertise:
- CPA/ CA/ ACCA qualified
- Big 4 experience a plus
- Work experience in Life Insurance Industry
- Technical knowledge of IFRS and Insurance Accounting
- Highly numerate and analytical – able to interpret and understand results
- Good systems skills
- Clear thinker – able to understand and unravel complex issues
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to balance competing priorities and to prioritise work
- Able to communicate clearly at all levels (both orally and in writing)
- Self Starter – willing to listen and change with a positive outlook and adherence to company values
- At least 5 years of experience in an accounting role, in Life Insurance industry
- Good practical experience of Financial Close and Reporting
- Good general experience of insurance environment,regulatory framework (FSA, International), solvency measures and actuarial principles and practices
- Project Management Experience a plus
- Supervision of team
- Good experience of monitoring and improving controls and processes
- Good liaison and organisation experience, both internal and external
Logistics, Location & Rate
Logistics: Starting immediately for initial four month period with a potential to extend for a further two to three months.
Location: HONG KONG
Offshore and interstate candidates will only be considered if they cover their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Rate:Final amount to be negotiated with the client,depending on level of experience and seniority.
|Auckland||7:00pm Tuesday 13th November 2018|
|Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane||5:00pm Tuesday 13th November 2018|
|Singapore||0200pm Tuesday 13th November 2018|
|Paris/Brussels/Stockholm||07:00am Tuesday 13th November 2018|
|London||06:00am Tuesday 13th November 2018|
|Toronto/New York||01:00am Tuesday 13th November 2018|
We will review all APT’s and select the best 3. The client will then conduct interviews.
To apply for this BAF® Please log into the link below to apply online to ICGs new Application Tracking Software (ATS) and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.