BAF® Request: HONG KONG-607-FS-Senior Manager Risk and Controls
Our client is an international company in the life assurance market, providing savings, investment and protection to customers in Asia and the UAE.
The client is looking for a Senior Manager Risk and Controls to improve and maintain the quality of the financial control environment of FPIL and provide assurance to management and the relevant Finance Risk and Control Committees.
The successful accredited professional will be accountable for the following activities:
- Lead in the promotion of a robust internal control culture providing the necessary guidance and training to management to embed core principles
- Build the controls environment and framework to ensure a strong control environment for the international business
- Identify actions, processes resources and changes required to effect this, and to implement these as required. Including control policies, MI, escalation procedures and Governance
- Manage and supervise a junior accountant
- Ensure appropriate documentation of controls and procedures and policies exist and processes are in place to keep up-to-date
- Implement FPI meetings covering financial and insurance
- Monitor financial risks facing FPI to ensure they are managed in line with appetite
- Challenge first line management on actions taken to manage financial risk
- Report on FPI financial risks to appropriate committees
- Ensure one central and detailed control issues log is maintained of all identified Finance control issues including issues raised by auditor controls report, year end management letter points, internal audit reviews and other issues identified by any means
- Challenge and support management in ensuring that rectification actions are being progressed suggested are robust enough,that target dates are quick enough, and that adequate resource is targeted to rectification issues.
- Check operation of finance controls once new control stated complete on log and include post completion check on log
- Ensure there is an appropriate database /system for balance sheet reconciliations to ensure transparency over ownership,completeness, frequency, date last reconciled, number of outstanding issues and RAG status etc – and ensure appropriate regular MI and escalation of issues
- Aid in the production of businesses cases for resources required for control fixes, by helping to establish consistent and robust methods of estimating potential costs of non-rectification
- Ensure all controls failures, near misses or other issues which come to light are investigated to identify the root cause and a checklist is kept
Qualifications, Skills/Knowledge & Experience:
The successful professional is required will demonstrate the following qualifications, abilities and abilities and expertise:
- Qualified chartered accountant (ACA)
- Minimum 5 years’ post qualification experience
- Minimum 3 years’ audit experience
- 2 years+ life insurance experience
- 2 years internal audit experience
- Highly numerate and analytical – able to interpret and understand results and interaction
- Clear thinker – able to understand and unravel complex issues and devise controls solutions
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to balance competing priorities and to prioritise work-
- Able to motivate a team to embed internal control best practices
- Able to communicate clearly at all levels (both orally and in writing)
- Good technical accounting and financial reporting skills
- Able to operate effectively in a culture of openness
- Pro active and receptive to change, a positive outlook and adherence to company values
- Able to influence and persuade others as to a chosen course of action
- Experience of preparation of reports, analysis and commentary on internal control matters suitable for presentation at senior management and Board level;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Liaison and organisation experience, both internal and external influence;
- Good experience of monitoring and improving controls and processes;
- Experience of working with external stakeholders and internal stakeholders on internal control matters;
- Be able to apply commercial awareness to business decisions;
- Have broad commercial experience within the Life Insurance sector.
- Good understanding of financial risk within a dynamic business
Logistics, Location & Rate
Logistics: Starting immediately for initial four month period with a potential to extend for a further two to three months.
Location: HONG KONG
Offshore and interstate candidates will only be considered if they cover their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Rate:Final amount to be negotiated with the client,depending on level of experience and seniority.
|Auckland||7:00pm Tuesday 13th November 2018|
|Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane||5:00pm Tuesday 13th November 2018|
|Singapore||0200pm Tuesday 13th November 2018|
|Paris/Brussels/Stockholm||07:00am Tuesday 13th November 2018|
|London||06:00am Tuesday 13th November 2018|
|Toronto/New York||01:00am Tuesday 13th November 2018|
We will review all APT’s and select the best 3. The client will then conduct interviews.
To apply for this BAF® Please log into the link below to apply online to ICGs new Application Tracking Software (ATS) and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.