BAF® Request: HONG KONG/SINGAPORE-651-Insurance-Actuarial Professionals-Manager Level
A new initiative for a potential channel partner of ICG is looking for Actuarial Professionals to work as consultants in collaboration with an actuarial modelling software provider to address the needs for the new IFRS reporting standards.
IFRS17“ Insurance Contracts” is a new accounting standard for insurance contracts. It establishes principles for the recognition, measurement/valuation, presentation and disclosure of insurance contracts issued; and reinsurance assumed and ceded. This standard will be effective January 1, 2022.
The successful accredited professional will be part of a team of actuarial professional who will provide advisory and implementation services to the users of the modelling program. All successful professionals will receive training in the company’s software suite to better address the needs of the clients.
The successful candidates should possess the following criteria:
- Qualified or partially qualified Actuary under one of the International recognized actuarial societies with a minimum 5 years experience working as an actuary in an actuarial role;
- Extensive amount of working and people management experience in relevant actuarial and insurance areas;
- Extensive experience in financial reporting, embedded value or economic capital processes
- Extensive experience in or comfortable working with modelling and leading Actuarial and financial reporting software suites;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Project management experience, organizational skills and ability to think innovatively;
- Experience preparing and or conducting briefings and interfacing at all levels of management;
- Displayed initiative, autonomy and commitment to process improvements;
- Willingness to learn new things and a flexible mindset
Logistics, Location & Rate
Logistics: Starting immediately in order to curate a team of up to 5 actuarial professionals.
Location: Hong Kong and/or SG
Other locations will be considered on a case by case basis. For this initial phase all candidates will cover their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Rates: Final amount to be negotiated with the client, however, depending on level of experience and seniority, the daily gross rate range would be between HK$8,000 to HK$12,000 depending on the complexity of the project.
Close Date: Tuesday 16th July, 5pm AEST
We will review all APT’s and select the best 3. The client will then conduct interviews.
To apply for this BAF® Please log into the link below to apply online to ICGs new Application Tracking Software (ATS) and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.