BAF® Request: MEL-559-EDU-Finance SMEs
This is a BAF® Best Accredited Professional Forward request. ICG is seeking interested and available accredited professionals to respond to a potential resource request.
A new ICG client is Tertiary institution. The client seeks Finance SMEs to lead a review and transformation of its internal Capital Management Frameworks capability. This would be used to guide the procurement (funding, financing, delivery, ownership and operations) of current and future assets and services to achieve its strategic direction into the future.
Investigate the following:
- Underlying Financial Position of the University including: – Long term infrastructure requirements to achieve the strategic direction of the University;
- Sources of funding at the university including operating cash, debt capacity, investment portfolios etc;
- Establishing a sustainable Capex envelope;
- Quantifying funding gaps.
Establish capital management and capital allocation principles within the context of universities.
- Opportunities for mobilising alternative capital management and procurement options to meet funding gaps, shift risk from the university and accelerate infrastructure availability including: –
- Identify the benefits and challenges of utilising private sector finance and private sector procurement;
- Identify opportunities for creating balance sheet efficiencies including capital recycling and unlocking pent up capital (both on and off campus);
- Identify Tax and Accounting implications;
- Identify Credit Rating implications;
- Identify high level commercial and risk allocation principles;
- Identify relevant case studies;
- Evaluate market appetite and capability.
Logistics, Location & Rate
Logistics: Commencing end May for 25 to 35 days over 13 weeks as part of a 2 to 3 person team
Location: Melbourne for 2 visits minimum estimated at a week each – but TBC. Other work could be done remotely
Interstate candidates will only be considered if they are flexible with their travel and accommodation expenses
Offshore candidates with specific relevant experience may be considered for SME advisory roles on the team without the need to travel. Please make it clear in your response if this is the role you are applying for.
Rate: Daily gross rate $1750 to $2000 AUD dependent on skills and experience
To apply for this BAF® Please log into the link below to apply online to ICGs new Application Tracking Software (ATS) and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
1) Click on Sign Up – Use Your primary email address – If you have an ICG email address use that one – You will then get a verification email – Please follow the instructions on the email
2) When you have created a user please go to the applicable BAF and click on Apply now
3) Please fill in the required fields. It will store all the information for your next BAF (It only saves your most recent resume)
4) Most of the fields should be copy and paste from your current APT /CV you have one
5) You will also get an introductory email with all the relevant information if you are a new user of our system
6) In Chrome you will have to accept Cookies to make the system work
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.