BAF® Request: MELBOURNE-509-Energy-Commerci
al Project Manager
A new ICG Client is looking for a Commercial Project Manager with experience in the energy sector.
The Commercial Project Manager will lead a series of internal projects to implement new regulations coming into force in stages over the next 12 months with the first stage starting 1 February 2018. The role will report to the business head but have Senior Management and Board visibility.
The Commercial Project Manager will plan, initiate, and lead a range of activities including designing new business rules and processes. The role will also include overseeing the preparation (by others) of revised standard agreements and commissioning the required changes to IT systems to respond to the new rules affecting the business. The Commercial Project Manager will liaise with the business unit head and a separate project responding to the regulatory framework.
The Commercial Project Manager’s first activity will be to draft a scope of work and project plan for approval by the client’s steering committee.
The project will be resourced with part-time secondees including subject matter experts from within the organisation. The Project Manager will report to a steering committee of Senior Managers and will be expected to prepare reports, white papers and decision papers, make presentations and draft Board papers.
The project has been identified as high risk and will be closely monitored by the Board and Senior Management.
The successful Accredited Professional will have:
- Demonstrable experience as successful commercial project manager in a corporate environment
- Ability to build rapport and work with senior members of a client organisation
- Understanding of risk management and the ability to communicate with management about project risk
- Understanding of compliance management in B2B operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Confidence in presenting complex issues to Boards and Senior Management
- Ability to manage high-performing part-time subject matter experts in internal teams
- Ability to work with commercial issues in a complex technical environment
- Understanding of the regulation of the energy industry is strongly preferred
- Experience in energy industry contracts an advantage
- Experience in other regulated sectors will be an advantage
Logistics, process & Rate
Logistics: Week of 4 September (or earlier), full-time for approximately 6 months with potential to extend to 12 months.
Location: Melbourne CBD.
Client requires a local resource (Melbourne). Offshore and Interstate candidates will only be considered if they cover their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Rate: Daily gross rate is subject to agreement with the client.
Note: The client is also seeking expressions of interest from others.
Date and time specified below.
|AKL||07:00pm Monday, 28 August 2017|
|SYD/MEL||05:00pm Monday, 28 August 2017|
|SGP||03:00pm Monday, 28 August 2017|
|PAR/BRU/STO||09:00am Monday, 28 August 2017|
|LON||08:00am Monday, 28 August 2017|
|TOR/NY||03:00am Monday, 28 August 2017|
We will review all APT’s and select the best 3. The client will then conduct interviews.
To apply for this BAF® you should submit your ICG Accredited Professional Transcript (APT’s) in the required format (in ICG GDrive here – Accredited Professionals only) to [email protected] and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.