BAF® Request: MELBOURNE-627-FS-Experienced Business Analyst
A new ICG client is looking for an Experienced Business Analyst to work with a very experienced Growth & Turnaround Specialist to assist the strategic and digital transformation of a national health services provider ahead of an aggressive, private equity-backed plan to pursue growth, both organic and through M&A. The transformation planning, business case development, road-mapping and PMO establishment will precede a two-year delivery timeframe. As such, there is scope for this role to be extended.
The successful accredited professional will be accountable for initiative creation, business case development, problem definition, issue-trees, workplan development, financial analyses (Cost/Benefits) and prioritisation. The successful accredited professional will also be involved in project governance and influencing key stakeholders to deliver quality analyses and business cases on time.
Specifically, well-established commercial acumen will be required to translate high-level business strategies into tangible initiatives that, upon implementation, will deliver significant revenue growth and cost reduction. As such, the ability to identify benefits will be a key focus.
Experienced Business Analyst
The successful professional will primarily work with the Director, CFO and PMO specialist to develop a robust transformation roadmap that can be implemented within budget and time constraints, identifying the required skills and capabilities and funding required to do so.
The successful professional will have excellent commercial acumen, deep experience in financial modelling and the development of business cases through the prioritisation process to develop a properly sequenced and resourced transformation roadmap.
Specifically, the main areas to review are:
- Reviewing projects for ‘fit’ with the recently developed strategy;
- The creation, and assisting others to create, of all relevant documentation (concept papers, Business Cases, 1-page Financial models and, in some cases, more detailed Business Cases and models etc.) associated with a project’s lifecycle that is clearly articulated and rigorously analysed and researched;
- Investigate and assess all appropriate options for each project, checking financials/ economics, and providing advice as to which alternative to proceed with;
- Provide guidance and advice to teams on project plans and resource requirements, identifying opportunities for merging projects and/or eliminating over-lapping projects across the business;
- Work with Project Managers and business owners to identify critical leading and lagging performance indicators for each project that will underpin benefits mapping and performance reporting as the project proceeds through its lifecycle;
- Liaise with senior executives across the business and assist in developing recommendations that can be presented to the Project Review Committee (CEO, CFO, PMO Head, Business line heads) about the suitability of proceeding with each initiative or otherwise; and
- Assisting in the prioritisation of projects, sequencing and development into a logical, achievable transformation roadmap and plan; ensuring the allocation of scarce resource to those initiatives that either yield greatest business financial benefits and / or are deemed necessary to operational compliance requirements.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of successfully supporting previous Business Case development, Road-mapping and Project Management engagements or similar.
Ideally, the successful professional will have experience in:
- Minimum experience (4-6 years) as a business analyst, management consultant or industry analyst;
- Deep analysis, modelling and financial acumen;
- Health services provision and allied health industries or similar industries where services are provided to consumers from a network of both employed and associated professionals;
- Dealing with ambiguity, sporadic data sources and takes a commercial, pragmatic approach to their work
Specifically, it is expected that the company will have a clear roadmap to guide a successful transformation over a two-year period ahead of a more aggressive organic and M&A-driven growth plan. As such, the above work stream may be extended into delivery and benefits extraction.
Logistics: Starting within two weeks for initial 3-month period with a potential to extend for a further 4-6 weeks. The role is 4-5 days a week and the successful candidate will be required to be present at the client’s CBD premises.
Travel and accommodation expenses will not be paid by the client. Offshore and interstate candidates will not be considered.
Rates: Final amount to be negotiated with the client, however, depending on level of experience and seniority, the daily gross rate range for the Experienced Business Analyst would be between $1,100 and $1,500.
Close Date – Tuesday 26th March, 3pm AEDT
We will review all APT’s and select the best 3. The client will then conduct interviews.
To apply for this BAF® Please log into the link below to apply online to ICGs new Application Tracking Software (ATS) and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.