BAF® Request: NA-Media-400-Training Development Consultant
An existing Canadian ICG client, a national communications and media company, is transforming its customer platform and experience as it transitions to a more competitive environment in North America.
As such, ICG is looking for a Training Development Consultant, to support its Organizational Development team in the design of a training program targeted at Service Managers who are tasked with managing the day-to-day operations of an increasing number of third party managed services contracts that are being put into place as the organization transforms itself.
The Training Development Consultant will be responsible to research and develop a program for Service Managers that
- Is aligned with the internal (line of business) client’s needs
- Documents a best practice vendor management approach and provides tools to assist those assigned to manage vendors
- Addresses the changes that are underway and why to assist the organization in a culture shift that is inherent for the organization as an increased number of 3rd party players become part of core client operations
- Includes designing an introductory workshop to train internal service managers on the rationale for change, an overview of the approach and the tools available
- Recommends next steps including coaching and additional development support for other employees and/or contracts
To do this, and reporting to the OD Program Manager responsible for the program, the Training Development Consultant will work closely with:
- Organizational Development Leadership (Program Authority) & the OD Team
- Service Managers
- Directors and other stakeholders in the Line of Businesses impacted
- Other corporate functions including Training, Procurement and as required
Training Development Consultant
The successful professional will need to be a strong team player with solid interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively in a complex and multi-disciplinary stakeholder environment with the following personal characteristics:
- Ability to identify underlying assumptions and constructively challenge them if necessary to ensure scope and requirements are clearly understood and documented
- Excellent communication skills including business writing, training development, design and presentation skills
- Proven ability to adapt to constantly evolving priorities and environments, ability to multitask and work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Track record of successfully delivering initiatives
Assess Contracts and Current State information, culture and receptivity to change
- Obtain copies of existing material on the services in question – statements of work, process and product documentation, the contract, other communications including operational reporting, metrics, etc.
- Obtain internal generic procedures and procedural documentation
- Obtain Service Manager role description and other documentation
- Interview key stakeholders – e.g., select Service Managers and Procurement representatives to be clear on requirements and underlying process, why vendor management/managed services strategy is in place, along with challenges being experienced/anticipated
- Key questions include:
- What is the strategy for managed services, why?
- What are the contracted accountabilities (and/or risks) inside procurement and in the business lines?
- What is the established (informal/formal) communication process?
- What are the procedures in place to deal with day-to-day operations and contract disputes – what documentation exists of the current state?
- Interview key vendors and client groups to obtain insight into existing strengths in vendor management relationship and challenges/opportunities for improvement
Gather additional insights from Service Managers
- Interview/workshop with a selection of Service Managers to understand their role and challenges and vet recommended program manual approach, and evolving training program material
Develop a Vendor Management Program Manual
- Recommend an overall framework for Vendor Management. The consultant will be provided access to a license for ICG’s Info-Tech research database to assist in the development of Vendor Management/Managed Services best practices, tools and research
- Using that framework, develop a Vendor Management Manual in support of best practice methods, and enable each contract to include important content such as documentation of contracts, onboarding processes, vendor management and transitioning, KPIs, reporting, etc.
Design a ½ day classroom training program, including:
- Learning goals and objectives
- High level draft content for approval by Project Authority
- Options for delivery (1 option to be selected by Project Authority) including”
– Content mapped to delivery options
– Proposed agenda
– Rationale and risks
– Recommendation of preferred approach
- Proposed learning evaluation process (aligned to Kirkpatrick’s Model, where possible)
- Proposed sustainment approach and process
Logistics, Process and Rate
Logistics: Greater Toronto Area; Starting immediately for approximately two months with the potential to extend further into further design work, program delivery and ongoing coaching.
Process: APT’s must be lodged by the time and date specified below.
|AKL||9:00am Wednesday,14 September 2016|
|SYD/MEL||7:00am Wednesday,14 September 2016|
|SGP||5:00am Wednesday,14 September 2016|
|PAR/BRU/STO||11:00pm Tuesday,13 September 2016|
|LON||10:00pm Tuesday,13 September 2016|
|TOR/NY||5:00pm Tuesday,13 September 2016|
We will review all APTs and select the best 3 for an interview with the client. The client will then conduct interviews.
Rate: Final amount to be negotiated with the client, however, estimated at 20 day’s effort. Depending on level of experience and seniority, the daily gross rate range for the Training Development for consultant would be between $1,600 and 1,800 per diem.
To apply for this BAF® you should submit your ICG Accredited Professional Transcript (APT’s) in the required format (in ICG GDrive here – Accredited Professionals only) to [email protected] and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.