BAF® Request: SINGAPORE-605-FS-Insurance Regulatory Reporting-Principal
Our client is an international company in the life assurance market, providing savings, investment and protection to customers in Asia and the UAE.
The successful accredited professional will be accountable for the following activities:
- Provide robust oversight over the production of regulatory returns for all branches, under local production requirements, ensuring that they are submitted in line with regulations
- Liaise with local compliance officers in order to stay up to date with regulatory requirements
- Ensuring the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of regulatorysubmissions is paramount to the role
- Regulatory reporting involves the production of the branch results under both an IFRS and Regulatory basis, with reporting at each quarter, midyear and year-end
- Oversee, review and challenge the production of IFRS compliant Branch accounts for Singapore, HK and UAE, along with the production of detailed analytical review
- Produce Board and other Committee papers on regulatory reporting matters
- Develop a regulatory training programme to ensure that the Finance team are building core knowledge to enable them to fulfil their roles
- Be the first line of defence owner for the regulatory rules database maintained by the Compliance function
- Build upon and strengthen internal processes and controls to minimisefinancial misstatement risk and the risk of late regulatory filing
- Build strong working relationships with internal and external audit to ensure there is a consistent view across all groups of the progress and continuous improvement in the technical accounting output at a branch level
- Pro-actively work with external audit to ensure that the Branch Accounts and Regulatory Returns are produced in line with local accounting and regulatory requirements and submitted within the required timescales
- Act as the Finance point of contact for any regulatory accounting/ reporting issues
- Build strong working relationships with internal and external audit to ensure there is a consistent view across all Groups of the progress and continuous improvement of the technical accounting output, both at a Group and at a Branch level
- Pro-actively work with local branch offices and external audit in overseas countries to ensure that the Branch Accounts and Regulatory Returns are produced in line with local accounting and regulatory requirements and submitted within the required timescales
Qualifications, Skills/Knowledge & Experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA) or qualified by experience
- Strong local knowledge of MAS regulatory reporting requirements;
- Knowledge of Hong Kong and UAE regulatory requirements an advantage;
- Strong experience of accounting for Life Insurance entities under IFRS basis, including the treatment of investment contracts;
- Experience of drafting technical accounting papers and challenging current practice in order to drive improvement;
- Experience of preparation of reports, analysis,commentary and technical accounting opinions on financial reporting matters suitable for presentation at senior management and board level;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Liaison and organisation experience, both internal and external;
- Good experience of monitoring and improving processes;
- Experience of working with internal and external stakeholders on regulatory reporting matters; and
- Have broad experience within the Life Insurance sector.
- Strong coaching and training skills;
- Be committed to continuous improvement with a clear focus on embedding and maintaining best practice
- Highly numerate and analytical -able to interpret and understand results;
- Clear thinker
- Able to understand and unravel complex issues and devise solutions;
- Able to motivate a team to achieve and embed best practices;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of IFRS accounting;
- Minimum 3 years’ regulatory experience; and
- Minimum 3 years’ life insurance experience.
- Strong IFRS and regulatory reporting experience;
- Specific experience of IFRS accounting for Life Insurance, including strong understanding of the accounting treatment of Investment Contracts;
- Highly desirable:
- 3 years external audit experience
Logistics, Location & Rate
Logistics: Starting immediately for initial four month period with a potential to extend for a further two to three months.
Offshore and interstate candidates will only be considered if they cover their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Rate:Final amount to be negotiated with the client,depending on level of experience and seniority.
|Auckland||7:00pm Tuesday 13th November 2018|
|Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane||5:00pm Tuesday 13th November 2018|
|Singapore||0200pm Tuesday 13th November 2018|
|Paris/Brussels/Stockholm||07:00am Tuesday 13th November 2018|
|London||06:00am Tuesday 13th November 2018|
|Toronto/New York||01:00am Tuesday 13th November 2018|
We will review all APT’s and select the best 3. The client will then conduct interviews.
To apply for this BAF® Please log into the link below to apply online to ICGs new Application Tracking Software (ATS) and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.