BAF® Request: SYD-412-FS-Executive Manager Group Strategy
An existing ICG client is seeking an Executive Manager Group Strategy.
The Executive Manager will develop and help set the long term strategy for the Group by providing strategic direction, challenge the Deputy CFO, Group CFO and Group Chief Executive Officer.
- Work with the Head of Group Strategy, Group CFO and Group Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to set the strategy for the client.
- Responsible for leading activity and analysis to support the development of the Group strategy.
- Ensure the Functions maintain the path to the desired end game and do not trade-off for short-term performance.
- Identify future trends that will impact the organisation and strategies to position the organisation appropriately.
- Identify strategic pathways for the organisation to outperform peers over a long-term horizon.
- Identify the optimal composition of the Group portfolio.
- Identify linkages and opportunities across the Group portfolio and where appropriate build business case to progress.
- Help lead the preparation for the annual strategic retreat held with the Board framing discussion points, preparing content and coordinating the development and socialisation of content with the Group Leadership Team (GLT).
- Help lead the preparation of the Group’s three year strategic plan – and associated material for the annual “planning” retreat with the Board.
- Help lead the development of any other relevant board / senior management materials relating to Strategy (organic and inorganic developments).
- Lead the development and maintenance of the Group and Business valuation model; and the development of the holding company strategy.
- Drive the alignment of the strategy community across the Group.
- Undertake ad hoc strategic projects as directed by the Group CEO or Group CFO or Deputy CFO.
Key Capabilities/Technical Competencies:
- Tertiary education in business or commerce related degree.
- Post-graduate training in business is an advantage.
- 10 years of experience in a commercial strategy role, preferably in Financial Services.
- Potentially including time working at a consulting house
Functional Strategy Skills
- Demonstrated experience applying strategic frameworks and concepts through either a strategy position or through a consulting background.
Corporate Development Skills
- Expert commercial financial acumen.
- Understands different valuation concepts and can apply the appropriate technique for the given circumstances.
- Proven expertise in establishing key strategic relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and managing senior executive relationships – with a focus on strong listening skills and influencing skills.
- Expert commercial stakeholder management skills.
- Experience working with stakeholders at various levels of an organisation.
- Demonstrated expert analytical business skills.
- Proven expert financial / commercial acumen and seasoned business judgment.
- Proven ability to lead teams of diverse professional groups.
The professional will be required to:
- Work with the client’s vision to set the context for the business to operationalise the strategy to deliver customer and shareholder value.
- Collaborate across the business to relentlessly deliver solutions that will serve evolving customer needs and drive an exceptional customer service culture.
- Attract, lead and develop a diverse workforce and drive an inclusive culture to deliver strategic initiatives, while fostering a team environment where people are accountable for safety and wellbeing.
- Build a resilient, agile team, able to navigate complexity and create a culture of simplicity, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Make informed decisions aligned with the client’s strategy and Group risk policies and frameworks and industry/regulatory requirements.
- Role model the client’s Values, Code of Conduct and Leader.
Logistics, Process and Rate
Logistics: Sydney CBD location. This is a full time role and the client may consider someone in a contract role who is prepared to transition. The professional will be reporting directly to the Head of Group Strategy.
- Group CEO / Group CFO / Deputy CFO
- Chief of Functions
- Finance and Advice Leadership Team
- Investor Relations
The client may consider relocation expenses for the right candidate.
Process: APT’s must be lodged by the time and date specified below.
|AKL||7:00pm Monday, 24 October 2016|
|SYD/MEL||5:00pm Monday, 24 October 2016|
|SGP||2:00pm Monday, 24 October 2016|
|PAR/BRU/STO||8:00am Monday, 24 October 2016|
|LON||7:00am Monday, 24 October 2016|
|TOR/NY||2:00am Monday, 24 October 2016|
We will review all APT’s and select the best 3. The client will then conduct interviews.
Rates: The Executive Manager Corporate Strategy, salary would be up to $250k including super + bonus.
To apply for this BAF® you should submit your ICG Accredited Professional Transcript (APT’s) in the required format (in ICG GDrive here – Accredited Professionals only) to [email protected] and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.