BAF® Request: SYD-563-GOV-Telecommunications-Operational Lead
This is a BAF® Best Accredited Professional Forward request. ICG is seeking interested and available accredited professionals to respond to a potential resource request.
An established ICG client is looking for an Operational Lead, to support this NSW Government Authority’s strategy to establish a carrier grade operational model for its radio telecommunication network.
This organisation’s objective is to establish a contract framework that ensures visibility of network performance, detailed reporting and clearly defined roles/accountabilities using a standard industry framework.
The successful accredited professional will be accountable for guiding a project team’s decision making regarding the structure of an industry engagement (RFx) for selecting a Managed Network Partner (MNP).
Ideally, the candidate will have a background in the telecommunication sector operations and have exposure to strategic decision making. As such this role will validate the fit for purpose structure including performance levels and requirements for operations, maintenance, governance and customer service of the prospective MNPs.
- Assist in validating Operational and Commercial Strategies
- Review RFx documents and evaluation criteria prepared by the project team
- Guide the operations team in developing and documenting requirements
- Guide in the engagement and liaison with the suppliers and new network manager contract
- Strategy for the transition from current to new MNP and cost minimisation
- Relate future operating model to organisations 10 year strategy
- Ensure Operating model is best in class network provision, including Continuous Improvement
- Validate Project team’s work and Operating Support Systems (OSS) and Business Support Systems (BSS)
Ideally the accredited professional will have significant experience in:
- Significant Telecoms operational and strategic exposure
- Go-to-Market (RFx) experience for the provision of operate and maintain services of a similar network
- Experience in telecommunications operations transformation
- Supplier Engagement and implementing new contracting strategies
- Extensive experiences in independent validations and reviews
Logistics, Location & Rate
Logistics: 5 days/wk 6 months initially
Location: Sydney CBD – If required, travel costs reimbursement available for approved expenses.
Interstate and offshore candidates will only be considered if they pay their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Rate: Gross daily rate range is $1300 to $1500 AUD
To apply for this BAF® Please log into the link below to apply online to ICGs new Application Tracking Software (ATS) and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
1) Click on Sign Up – Use Your primary email address – If you have an ICG email address use that one – You will then get a verification email – Please follow the instructions on the email
2) When you have created a user please go to the applicable BAF and click on Apply now
3) Please fill in the required fields. It will store all the information for your next BAF (It only saves your most recent resume)
4) Most of the fields should be copy and paste from your current APT /CV you have one
5) You will also get an introductory email with all the relevant information if you are a new user of our system
6) In Chrome you will have to accept Cookies to make the system work
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.