BAF® Request: SYD-PSP-395-Partner Compensation-Project Leader
An existing ICG client of ICG’s new Professional Services Industry Practice (PSP) is looking for a Project Leader for a partner compensation review project. The client is one of Australia’s largest law firms. We are currently involved in a pre-project retainer.
The successful accredited professional will work directly with the PSP Global Practice Lead to deliver this project for the client.
The Project Leader will:
- Be a subject matter expert in partner compensation or senior management compensation in medium-sized, multi-owner- managed, privately held businesses
- Design and supervise analysis and partner interviews
- Conduct parts of the above (depending on final project staffing)
- Develop and refine recommendations with the project team
- Conduct a number of workshops with the firm’s partner-owners to further refine these recommendations
- Develop an implementation plan
- Work with / coordinate other team members as required
- Capture and evolve any project learnings for the ICG knowledge base
- If appropriate conduct implementation
The successful professional will work with the ICG client relationship lead and any other team members which will be assembled once the project lead has been selected and, client side, with the firm’s Managing Partner, Board and Remuneration Committee.
The successful consultant will have:
- Deep experience developing partner compensation systems (preferred) or senior management compensation systems in medium-sized, multi-owner-managed, privately held businesses (10+ years)
- Experience in advising or managing professional services firms (5+ at C-suite or practice leader level or above); law firm related experience a plus but not required
- Strong large group (25+ people) workshop facilitation skills (8+ years)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Logistics, Process and Rate
Logistics: Current draft work plan calls for a w/c 12 Septembercommencement with an intensive period until 23 Sept, and nearly full time 26 Sept through 7 October. Intermittent capacity required around client workshops until project conclusion end April/May 2017. Schedule can be adapted to consultant availabilities.
International and interstate candidates will only be considered if they cover their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Process: APT’s must be lodged by the time and date specified below.
|AKL||6:00pm Monday, 15 August 2016|
|SYD/MEL||4:00pm Monday, 15 August 2016|
|SGP||2:00pm Monday, 15 August 2016|
|PAR/BRU/STO||8:00am Monday, 15 August 2016|
|LON||7:00am Monday, 15 August 2016|
|TOR/NY||2:00am Monday, 15 August 2016|
We will review all APTs and select the best 3 for an interview with the client leader. While they will be selected based on qualification primarily, please do indicate your block-out dates through end November in your submission.
Rate: Project fee currently being negotiated for a fixed fee ranging from AUD 250k to 400k. ICG project leader accordingly will receive a share of that fee for delivery (i.e. not based on effort / day rate) based on experience and related degree to which she/he can lead the project autonomously; others involved in delivery include client relationship lead and an analyst.
To apply for this BAF® you should submit your ICG Accredited Professional Transcript (APT’s) in the required format (in ICG GDrive here – Accredited Professionals only) to [email protected] and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.