BAF® Request: SYDNEY-528-Procurement-Lean Six Sigma Process and Performance Improvement Consultant
An existing ICG NSW Government client is conducting a benchmarking and process improvement review of their procurement function. They have 8 key procedures and twenty templates (procurement strategy, request for quote, evaluation matrix etc). ICG is developing a proposal to undertake the work. In order to complete the team we are looking for an experienced process re-design consultant. If successful we would start the work on December 1st and work through to the end of February with the possibility of extension.
Experienced Process Re-design (Lean Six Sigma) Consultant Ideally the accredited professional will be Lean Six Sigma qualified (Black Belt is preferential)with 5- 10 years experience and ideally you will be familiar with NSW Government procurement and experienced in robotic process automation. This is a great opportunity to be part of an high impact end to end procurement review of three stages:
- Stage 1: Baseline of current procurement processes and procedures and external best practice benchmarking: 1-22 December
- Stage 2: Re-design/simplification of procurement processes and procedures and implementation planning. Testing and iteration of draft design: By 31 January
- Stage 3: Implementation support such as training guides and worked examples of new procedures: By 23 February
- Stage 4: to be advised
The successful accredited professional will have:
- Ideally, experience in procurement process improvement
- Lean six sigma qualified
- Completed several process re-design engagements in recent past
- Ability to diagnose and develop business case for process automation opportunities
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and powerpoint skills
- A commitment to work on-site in Orange NSW for most of December and January
- Strong team work ethic
- Excellent client interaction and handling skills
The accredited professional will be accountable for:
- Stage 1: Reviewing and documenting current state processes and procedures (including use of technology applications) and comparing with external best practice benchmarks. Identifying top opportunities for process improvement and simplification including automation opportunities (working with the teams’ Procurement expert)
- Stage 2: Leading the improvement of the procurement function by focusing on the re-design and documentation of procurement processes (including automation opportunities) and procedures based on external best practice. Conducting meetings/workshops to test and iterate re-design (working with the teams’ Procurement expert)
- Stage 3: Developing support material such as FAQs, sample templates and training material
Logistics, Process & Rate
Logistics: Much of the work, especially in the first two stages (December and January) will need to be onsite in Orange NSW as well as working with the team in Sydney location (we will be requesting the client pay travel and/or accommodation expenses from Sydney)
Stage 1: ~3/4 days a week, mainly in Orange NSW
If we are successful in the proposal, the first stage of the engagement is scheduled to commence on December 1st for 3 weeks until December 22nd. Most, if not all of this work will be expected to be performed in Orange NSW.
Stage 2: ~5 days a week mainly in Orange NSW
The second phase of the work starts on January 2nd to January 22nd. Again a substantial amount of the work will be performed on site in Orange
Stage 3: 2/3 days a week mainly Sydney with meetings in Orange NSW
Total approx. 50-60 days (subject to finalized team resources and proposal pricing)
Offshore and interstate candidates will only be considered if they cover their own travel and accommodation expenses to be equivalent cost to the client as a Sydney based resource (we expect travel from Sydney to Orange to be covered by the client)
Location: Sydney & Orange
Rate: Final amount to be negotiated with the client, however, the target rate for the lean six sigma process consultant is $1500 per day ($1050 net).
This is an urgent request. Please lodge your interest as soon as possible. We will expect to make a selection of short-listed candidates tomorrow November 17th to include in our proposal that needs to be submitted next week.
The existing project team members will interview the candidate.
To apply for this BAF® Please log into the link below to apply online to ICGs new Application Tracking Software (ATS) and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
1) Click on Sign Up – Use Your primary email address – If you have an ICG email address use that one – You will then get a verification email – Please follow the instructions on the email
2) When you have created a user please go to the applicable BAF and click on Apply now
3) Please fill in the required fields. It will store all the information for your next BAF (It only saves your most recent resume)
4) Most of the fields should be copy and paste from your current APT /CV you have one
5) You will also get an introductory email with all the relevant information if you are a new user of our system
6) In Chrome you will have to accept Cookies to make the system work
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.