BAF® Request: SYDNEY-540-Transformation Workstream Manager
The Australia/New Zealand business of a Global Technology Services enterprise is undergoing a transformation managed by a central Program Office and Program Director. They are looking to source a workstream manager and change agent to build and develop a culture of process excellence across the region proactively driving improvement in process and business execution to achieve cost savings, operational & business efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
This role leads the program for Cost & Margin recovery, and is responsible for ensuring identified workstream initiatives and plans deliver desired business outcomes in terms of productivity, operational efficiency and effectiveness. The individual could be based in either Sydney or Melbourne and work at the client’s office in the respective locations.
- The workstream manager will need to partners with the Delivery Units (primarily two key units: 1. BAS: business advisory services and 2.MIS: managed infrastructure services) identify process improvement opportunities across the organisation, and leads end-to-end business process design/re-design activities in conjunction with relevant stakeholders, resulting in consistent program improvements and cost savings, and superior service quality
- Builds relationships and leverages global client network of stakeholders to share knowledge, and identify and adopt best practice approachesthat can be rapidly and successfully implemented in Oceania
- Identifies and partners with Delivery Unit stakeholders to implement industry best practices
- Leads by example, demonstrating exemplary people management and leadership practices
- Monitor on initiative progress/status via work plan and detailed initiative plan
- Identify and escalate risks and issues to the Program OfficeSpecifically the individual will be expected to be accountable for:– tracking and delivery of overall synergies, as well as financial performance of initiatives– Monitor delivery progress and monitor benefits outcomes– Distribution/ assignment of delivery activities to identified Lines of Business– Identify and monitor stream interdependencies– Risks, issues and decisions escalation– Develop initiative charters for endorsement by Program Director
Experience and Capabilities
The accredited professional is expected to be a top tier strategy/performance improvement consultant with ten years experience. The successful individual is likely to be an all-rounder able to drive financial analysis to measure benefits and build business cases, is comfortable managing a diverse set of stakeholders, understand cost rates and pricing for technology and business consulting businesses, is confident to propose opportunities for improvement backed by well formed assertions based on data, is self-started and has high levels of drive and energy, is credible with senior leadership and critically can get the work done on time in full. Specifically:
- Financial modeling skills
- Understanding how cost rates, pricing and engagements margins work in a consulting/technology services business
- Can quickly get upto speed with the business processes of each delivery unit
- Can demonstrable ability and potential to interface at all levels across the organisation and work with multiple stakeholders to get the job done
- Track record of providing excellent customer service and deliver on complex projects/workstreams in previous roles at a similar level.
- A proven business leader adept at leading multi-dimensional teams to deliver excellence in complex business environments
- Ability to achieve targets and deliver high quality output (financial analysis and PowerPoint presentations) on a continuous basis with frequent deadlines
- A successful track record of delivering projects and programs on budget
- Extensive internal network and an ability to influence in order to mobilize organisational resources on required deliverablesCore functional competencies required:
- Commercial Innovation
- Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Demonstrating Thought Leadership
- Effective Communication
- Operations Analysis
- Structuring & Managing Work
- Assessment & Auditing
- Monitoring and Reporting
Logistics, process & Rate
Logistics: Full-time role 5 days a week. Expected to commence in mid-January. Assuming the candidate delivers to the required quality this will be a long-term role of six months or more.
Location: Based in Sydney at Macquarie Park
Offshore and interstate candidates will be required to pay their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Rate: Gross rate expected to be $1,800-2,000 per day depending on experience/credentials.
To apply for this BAF® Please log into the link below to apply online to ICGs new Application Tracking Software (ATS) and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
1) Click on Sign Up – Use Your primary email address – If you have an ICG email address use that one – You will then get a verification email – Please follow the instructions on the email
2) When you have created a user please go to the applicable BAF and click on Apply now
3) Please fill in the required fields. It will store all the information for your next BAF (It only saves your most recent resume)
4) Most of the fields should be copy and paste from your current APT /CV you have one
5) You will also get an introductory email with all the relevant information if you are a new user of our system
6) In Chrome you will have to accept Cookies to make the system work
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.