BAF® Request: SYDNEY-570-Technology & Services-Interim CFO
This is a BAF® Best Accredited Professional Forward request. ICG is seeking interested and available accredited professionals to respond to a potential resource request.
A new ICG client is looking a seasoned finance professional to act in the capacity of interim CFO for a medium-sized technology and services focused business as it scales up.
Working closely with the management team and with the support of a bookkeeper service, the interim CFO will need to build enhanced performance management reporting (internal and external), business and product line profitability, budget variance and forecast analyses, and establish sound governance across the business.
The interim CFO will also raise all operating, financial or control issues with management team, provide analysis & recommendation, facilitate decision-making and hold management accountable for proper issue closure.
- Ensure the accounting practices,financial statements and operational governance are in accordance with regulatory requirements, and the underlying processes and controls in financial reporting are in local compliance
- Understand the operating and financial situations of the entire business operation and provide analysis,insights and recommendations to improve the company’s competitive advantage,cost structure and return on capital (including total company, channel and product/service level profitability)
- Implement and maintain activity cost-based and allocation-based cost modelling
- Drive operating efficiency and disciplines
- Proactively engage leadership and the Board of Directors on funding strategy (including the management and development of funding grants)
- Develop and manage relationships with bankers and other financers
- Monitor and ensure compliance with corporate governance matters that require approvals from the leadership,the Board of Directors and/or the Shareholders
- Ensure business discipline and controls over pricing, sales quota/incentive management, contract negotiations,billing and collections
- Liaise with external tax advisors and auditors and provide support for the audit assignments and required
- A recognised university degree in accounting, finance or related discipline, be CFA qualified with a Masters degree/MBA a strong plus
- A minimum 15 years of work experience with at least 5 years in CFO or equivalent senior finance leadership role in a small/medium sized business
- Strong leadership and proven track record of success in managing a fast growing company in dynamic,evolving industry such as health, technology and professional services
- Strong executive communication and presentation skills; able to articulate key issues and drive resolutions
- Experience with Xero accounting software, SalesForce CRM, and advanced scenario modelling
- Experience with cross-functional business intelligence tools and reporting is a plus
- Ability and enthusiasm to get their “hands dirty and get things done in a great team environment
Logistics, Location & Rate
Logistics: Commencing immediately for 3 months, 3 days a week with the possibility based on performance and fit to become a permanent placement
Offshore and interstate candidates will only be considered if they cover their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Rates: Daily gross rate range based on level of experience: $1,500 – $2,000
To apply for this BAF® Please log into the link below to apply online to ICGs new Application Tracking Software (ATS) and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
1) Click on Sign Up – Use Your primary email address – If you have an ICG email address use that one – You will then get a verification email – Please follow the instructions on the email
2) When you have created a user please go to the applicable BAF and click on Apply now
3) Please fill in the required fields. It will store all the information for your next BAF (It only saves your most recent resume)
4) Most of the fields should be copy and paste from your current APT /CV you have one
5) You will also get an introductory email with all the relevant information if you are a new user of our system
6) In Chrome you will have to accept Cookies to make the system work
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.