BAF® Request: SYDNEY-571-GOV-Board Advisory Consultant
This is a BAF® Best Accredited Professional Forward request. ICG is seeking interested and available accredited professionals to respond to a potential resource request.
A new ICG client is looking for an experienced Board Advisor/governance consultant for a 6- month contract in Sydney. Role could lead to a permanent opportunity for the right candidate.
The successful accredited professional will report to the Head of Advisory at a large member based professional body.
Board Advisor/Governance Expert
The successful professional will have background as a Principal in a Big 4 Governance/Consulting firm with demonstrated active engagement with Boards and governance across Corporate/Not for Profit environments. The ability to promote, market, sell and deliver governance consulting and advice to boards and organisations and build long-term client relationships to enhance governance and performance outcomes are critical to the role. Secondly, being able to build content and IP, while managing clients and delivering client assignments across a range of industries.
Ideally the accredited professional will have significant experience with:
- Minimum 10 years high-end Management / Board Consulting and Advice
- Solid governance experience gained whiles serving on Board(s) and / or as part of Board Advisory assignments across the NFP, Government, For Profit sectors
- Working knowledge of the regulatory context of governance across all key sectors and ability to drive and apply insights from experience and data
- Proven track record of success in business generation, consulting led sales, leading client relationships, and developing long-term client relationships
- Highly credible with the ability to engage and sell at board and C-levels; ability to earn deep respect quickly at the highest levels
- Strong problem solving and issues-based consulting skills; is a solutions architect
- Ability to lead, positively influence and work across various business functions; ability to work effectively in an integrated business
- Negotiating and influencing of external and internal stakeholders and team members as an effective change agent
Logistics, Location & Rate
Logistics: 5 days work/wk for a period of 6 months, starting immediately (with opportunity to convert to permanent role for the right candidate)
Location: based but may involve some travel to client locations within Australia. Travel cost reimbursement available for pre-approved travel to client sites.
Interstate and offshore candidates will be considered if they cover their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Rates: Final amount to be negotiated with the client, however, depending on level of experience and seniority, the daily gross rate for the Board Advisor would be between $1,300 and $1,500/day for the 5-day/wk assignment.
To apply for this BAF® Please log into the link below to apply online to ICGs new Application Tracking Software (ATS) and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
1) Click on Sign Up – Use Your primary email address – If you have an ICG email address use that one – You will then get a verification email – Please follow the instructions on the email
2) When you have created a user please go to the applicable BAF and click on Apply now
3) Please fill in the required fields. It will store all the information for your next BAF (It only saves your most recent resume)
4) Most of the fields should be copy and paste from your current APT /CV you have one
5) You will also get an introductory email with all the relevant information if you are a new user of our system
6) In Chrome you will have to accept Cookies to make the system work
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.