BAF® Request: SYDNEY-603-GOV TRANSPORT- IT Business Analyst
An ICG client is looking to engage an experienced Business Analyst for a fast starting 2 month contract based in Sydney CBD. The role is part of a large government transport project and this may be the first as part of a larger Project Services opportunity for ICG. Successful delivery may result in further work beyond the initial 2 month period.
The client is seeking a business analyst with capability to facilitate the discovery phase / requirements gathering of a complex IT project. The current project is in progress and will require prompt engagement by an experienced resource.
This will be a short and busy engagement and the BA will be responsible for working collaboratively with the client and NSW government agencies and will report to the Project Manager, Business Systems and Process Improvement within the People and Business Operations team.
For the initial engagement the Business Analyst duties will include:
- Facilitating requirements gathering workshops with stakeholders
- Documenting raw requirements
- Research possible options for a solution
- Translating requirements into various artefacts such as:
– An Options Paper
– Solution Design, including process maps and relevant artefacts
- Participate in governance meetings as required
The BA is expected to be an active member of a high performing integrated project team with responsibilities including:
- Having a strong focus on safety outcomes across all areas of responsibility, and compliance with the System Requirements, Safety Responsibilities, Authorities and Accountabilities within the Safety Management System.
- Contributing, as a member of the Client team, to the successful development and delivery of the Project.
- Leading, motivating,and driving high performance from the cross-functional team and managing (where required) the major contract procurement transactions, including project team members (government staff and contractors) and other service providers appointed by the Principal.
- Collaborating with colleagues in the integrated project team and wider Client Delivery Office to promote achievement of whole-of-project and whole-of program success.
- Promoting the values of the Client Delivery Office, role modelling their application, and actively championing the development of high-performance, positive Project team culture.
- Tracking progress against agreed milestones (including works undertaken by other Service Providers)
Logistics, Location & Rate
Logistics: 5 days work/wk for a period of 2 months, starting 1st November
Location: Sydney CBD based but may involve some travel. Travel costs reimbursement available for pre-approved travel
Offshore and interstate candidates will only be considered if they cover their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Rate: Final amount to be negotiated with the client, however, depending on level of experience and seniority, the daily gross rate for the Business Analyst would be between $950 and $1,030/day for the 5-day/wk assignment for the initial 2 month period.
|Auckland||7:00pm Monday 22nd October 2018|
|Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane||5:00pm Monday 22nd October 2018|
|Singapore||2:00pm Monday 22nd October 2018|
|Paris/Brussels/Stockholm||08:00am Monday 22nd October 2018|
|London||07:00am Monday 22nd October 2018|
|Toronto/New York||02:00am Monday 22nd October 2018|
We will review all APT’s and select the best 3. The client will then conduct interviews.
To apply for this BAF® Please log into the link below to apply online to ICGs new Application Tracking Software (ATS) and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.