BAF® Request: Sydney-591-Interim CFO
This is a BAF® Best Accredited Professional Forward request. ICG is seeking interested and available accredited professionals to respond to a potential resource request.
A new ICG client is looking a seasoned finance professional to act in the capacity of interim CFO for a medium-sized technology and financial services focused business as it scales up.
The interim CFO will be responsible for coordinating the business planning process and presenting and monitoring the annual operating budget, long-term business projections, capital budget and funding proposals to the management team and the Board of Directors.
The interim CFO will also raise all operating, financial or control issues with management team, provide analysis & recommendation, facilitate decision-making and hold management accountable for proper issue closure.
Additionally, the professional will need to develop the appropriate warehousing and securitisation program, establish strong treasury controls and processes, and be responsible for regulatory reporting and regulatory body interactions delivering to the business execution milestones.
Financial Management Responsibilities:
- Ensure the accounting practices, financial statements and operational governance are in accordance with regulatory requirements, and the underlying processes and controls in financial reporting are in local compliance
- Understand the operating and financial situations of the entire business operation and provide analysis, insights and recommendations to improve the company’s competitive advantage, cost structure and return on capital (including total company, channel and product/service level profitability)
- Drive operating efficiency and disciplines
- Proactively engage leadership and the Board of Directors on funding strategy (including the management and development of funding grants, warehousing and securitization programs, treasury and capital management requirements)
- Develop and manage relationships with bankers and other financers
- Monitor and ensure compliance with corporate governance matters that require approvals from the leadership, the Board of Directors and/or the Shareholders
- Liaise with external tax advisors and auditors and provide support for successful engagement and outcome
The successful Accredited Professional will have:
- A recognised university degree in accounting, finance or related discipline, be CFA qualified with a Masters degree/MBA a strong plus
- A minimum 15 years of work experience with at least 5 years in CFO or equivalent senior finance leadership role in a small/medium sized business
- Strong leadership and proven track record of success in managing a fast growing company in the financial services industry
- Have first-hand experience in establishing warehousing facilities, securitisation programs, treasury and capital management
- Strong executive communication and presentation skills; able to articulate key issues and drive resolutions
- Ability and enthusiasm to roll up their sleeves and get things done in a great team environment
Logistics, Location & Rate
Logistics: Commencing immediately for 2-3 months, 5 days a week
Location: Sydney – Interstate and offshore candidates will only be considered if they cover their own travel and accommodation.
Rates: Daily gross rate range based on level of experience: $1,500 – $1,750
To apply for this BAF® Please log into the link below to apply online to ICGs new Application Tracking Software (ATS) and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
1) Click on Sign Up – Use Your primary email address – If you have an ICG email address use that one – You will then get a verification email – Please follow the instructions on the email
2) When you have created a user please go to the applicable BAF and click on Apply now
3) Please fill in the required fields. It will store all the information for your next BAF (It only saves your most recent resume)
4) Most of the fields should be copy and paste from your current APT /CV you have one
5) You will also get an introductory email with all the relevant information if you are a new user of our system
6) In Chrome you will have to accept Cookies to make the system work
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.