BAF® Request: TOR-445-Agile Coach
ICG is building on past relationships with a global financial services client based in Toronto. Our client has a large technology operation about an hour commute West of Toronto. This organization is active in an ongoing business transformation effort implementing Agile Methodologies within their Development Operations. To date they have completed several successful pilot projects and are ready to start to build rollout and formal sustainment plans. To support these plans, they have asked ICG to assist in identifying experienced Agile Coaches/Scrum Masters who can both lead projects and coach teams with the new (and proven) techniques. Ultimately insights developed will be documented and will lead to the development, in time, of a formal program structure, and a potential ongoing effort for ICG.
The purpose of this BAF is to identify 3 to 5 interested professionals who can take on the role of Agile Coach/Scrum Master at our client and potentially assist with additional activities in the formalization of their decision frameworks and processes.
The Agile Coach roles will operate out of the client’s Technology Centre. The initial client commitment is 3 sprints of 6 weeks each (that is an 18-week initial assignment).
There is a strong likelihood of extension as the client has multiple projects, large teams and a growing demand for Agile projects and senior resources.
Agile Coach/Scrum Master Role
The Agile Coach will lead key strategic teams and their partners as they learn and adopt Agile practices by supporting them through coaching, mentoring, facilitating and teaching. Partners include: Product Owners, Project Managers, IT Leaders, Business Leaders and more.
Agile Coaches are part of the leadership team in the Agile Centre of Excellence and take responsibility for:
- Providing leadership in creating an environment for finding new and better ways for teams to work.
- Bringing people together to create a strong team with high trust, enthusiasm, responsibility and more.
- Leading teams and their partners as they learn and adopt Agile practices by supporting them through coaching, mentoring, facilitating and teaching. Partners include: Product Owners, Project Managers, IT Leaders, Business Leaders and more.
- Observing and guiding Agile Teams throughout the organization and through all phases of the Agile lifecycle. Attending key ceremonies, reviews artefacts and interviews practitioners to check practices against the standard Agile maturity framework. Identify potential steps to accelerate and reach the next maturity level.
- Enabling learning at all levels and encouraging a culture of continuous improvement. Developing the Scrum Masters to enhance her/his effectiveness and capability. Sharing business unit best practices and insights.
- Ensuring success of the Agile transformation in the work stream teams including building relationships with teams to cultivate a smooth integration with supporting delivery teams.
- Building relationships with business and IT leaders to educate and champion agile across the Division.
- Conducting yourself in a manner consistent with the values and principles of Agile and Lean.
- Strong knowledge of Agile rules and practices, with extensive experience working in an Agile software organization.
- 5+ years experience as an Agile coach involved in large-scale Agile transformations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a mission to support Agile Teams in achieving their goal.
- Collaborative approach; ability to work through others and influence change; team player.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently; strong organizational skills; ability to plan forward and manage deadlines. Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the Agile Manifesto, and several Agile/Lean practices such as Scrum, Kanban, User Stories, Story Mapping, TDD, ATDD, Etc. Certifications are beneficial, although not required.
- Education in and/or can competency in the Agile Coaching skills of coaching, mentoring, teaching, facilitating and other leadership competencies.
- Passion for driving teams towards high performance and deep pride in quality craftsmanship.
- Highly effective influence and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional communications, judgement, and ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with Agile tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence) is an asset.
- Familiarity with multiple models – i.e., onshore, offshore, etc.
Logistics, Rate & Process
Logistics: We will review all CVs and those that meet the qualifications will be presented to the client. Because the client is looking for multiple resources, all qualified CV’s will be presented. With a successful interview, standard candidate security clearance processes will take approximately 2 weeks. These roles are to be filled as soon as possible.
Location: Location will be approximately a one hour commute West of Toronto. While individuals outside of the Greater Toronto Area will be considered, the client will not pay for travel or other expenses
Offshore and interstate candidates will only be considered if they cover their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Rate: Depending on experience and qualifications, a gross per diem of $C1,500 to $C1,850 will apply (i.e., equivalent of Canadian $130 to 160 per hour net to the consultant)
Process: APT’s must be lodged by the time and date specified below.
|AKL||11:00am Thursday, 23 March 2017|
|SYD/MEL||9:00am Thursday, 23 March 2017|
|SGP||6:00am Thursday, 23 March 2017|
|PAR/BRU/STO||11:00pm Thursday, 23 March 2017|
|LON||10:00pm Wednesday, 22 March 2017|
|TOR/NY||6:00pm Wednesday, 22 March 2017|
We will review all APT’s and select the best 3. The client will then conduct interviews.
To apply for this BAF® you should submit your ICG Accredited Professional Transcript (APT’s) in the required format (in ICG GDrive here – Accredited Professionals only) to [email protected] and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.