BAF® Request: TOR-458-Product Development Consultant
A new Canadian ICG client, a national telecommunications company, is transforming its B2B customer platform and experience to respond to the competitive environment in North America
As such, they are seeking a Consultant, Product Development to work with their B2B Product Management team in the design and implementation of an enhanced managed services product suite.
The successful accredited professional will be accountable to support the B2B Product Management team in product and service model design and in the refinement and enhancement of the B2B product portfolio and how it is delivered to clients.
Efforts will include the execution of specific product development tasks to support the launch of this refined product portfolio and its underlying operations, including but not limited to the following accountabilities.
- developing product set, pricing, packaging and delivery models for a suite of new/refined B2B products,
- refining and providing recommendations surrounding existing sales approaches, sales collateral and training, and implications for the new product suite
- supporting, providing analysis/synthesis and reporting, a
- developing a roadmap to ensure successful implementation.
An in-depth understanding of best practices in product management and design will serve this professional well, ideally with some expertise in the telecommunications industry and specifically the mobility market, though this is not a requirement.
Consultant, Product Development
Under the direction of our client’s Product Director, the successful accredited professional will work as a member of our client’s team.
The Professional will need to be a strong team player with solid interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively in a complex and multi-disciplinary stakeholder environment with the following personal characteristics
- Ability to identify underlying assumptions and constructively challenge them if necessary to ensure scope and requirements are clearly understood and documented
- Excellent communication skills including business writing, training development, design and presentation skills
- Proven ability to adapt to constantly evolving priorities and environments, ability to multitask and work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Track record of successfully delivering initiatives
This is a hands-on role with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with executive sponsorship, making a difference within the team and organization at a critical juncture for the business. Work will focus on three key work streams: productization, sales support and governance, although there will likely be exposure to dealer, software and operations aspects of the team’s work.
Additionally, the professional will support the team in understanding aspects of the product performance, customer needs, industry and regulatory requirements, as well as the competitive landscape to package the product suite to meet the needs of end customers and position packages to meet industry specific requirements.
Ideally the accredited professional will have experience as follows:
- Significant (3-5 years) as a management consultant or industry executive
- Analytic marketing, product and service design
- Design and implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Business case preparation and presentation
- Telecom and or services industries
Logistics, Rate & Process
Logistics: Immediate start for an initial two-month period with the potential to extend for upwards of a further four months into ongoing design, program or implementation work.
For this assignment, offshore candidates will only be considered if they cover their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Rate: Final amount to be negotiated with the client, however, depending on level of experience and seniority, the daily gross rate range for the Consultant, Product Development would be between CDN$1,400 and $1,800
Process: APT’s must be lodged by the time and date specified below.
|AKL||10:00am Friday, 21 April 2017|
|SYD/MEL||8:00am Friday, 21 April 2017|
|SGP||6:00am Friday, 21 April 2017|
|PAR/BRU/STO||12:00midnight Friday, 21 April 2017|
|LON||11:00pm Thursday, 20 April 2017|
|TOR/NY||6:00pm Thursday, 20 April 2017|
We will review all APT’s and select the best 3. The client will then conduct interviews.
To apply for this BAF® you should submit your ICG Accredited Professional Transcript (APT’s) in the required format (in ICG GDrive here – Accredited Professionals only) to [email protected] and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.