BAF® Request: TORONTO-539-FS-Analyst Consultant
This is a BAF® Best Accredited Professional Forward request. ICG is seeking interested and available professionals to respond to a service request to support a short research assignment in advance of a series of potential engagements with a leading Canadian bank.
The need is for research to assist the Bank in understanding current global market realities, best practices and trends in the banking and wellness space. We seek candidates with experience in one or more financial services markets outside of North America.
Our client is a leading Canadian Bank. The Bank recognizes that there is a gap associated with how banking institutions understand and embrace opportunities to secure and grow relationships with their clients, especially as Canadians have become increasingly sensitive to their own lifestyle and wellness priorities. As it develops its own strategic response, our client wishes to understand the perspectives and approaches considered and used in other global markets, as well as behavioural trends in banking and wellness, and to use those as insights into the development of an offering/solution for its own clients.
As such, we are seeking an experienced consultant to help a small team to complete a short research assignment in 2-3 weeks. We expect the resulting research will be important input into the development of a powerful response for Canadian clients.
Our client sees a growing interest in health and wellness among both younger generations seeking a balanced lifestyle and in older generations nearing an underfunded retirement that may well last longer than anticipated.
Technology and advances in data analytics provide an abundance of customer insight that helps financial institutions understand needs and wants, purchasing decisions, preferences and appetite for product innovation in the health and wellness space. This data can help to ascertain the likelihood of someone embracing a more holistic approach to banking that is tied to health and wellness. An equally important input however, is to uncover and understand what other banks are doing in their respective markets to successfully tie health/wellness and a more holistic financial product offering.
We know that relationships and loyalty are built through each organizations’ ability to service both functional and emotional client ‘needs and wants’ and we know that financial literacy plays a significant role in helping individuals understand the role of ‘money’ and ‘financial planning’ in securing a desired lifestyle inclusive of health and wellness goals. We also believe that prevention is key and scientifically proven to play a role in helping people reach and maintain healthier, more balanced lifestyles enabled by sustainable financial planning.
What we hope to better understand is the potential opportunity that may exist in addressing client needs beyond traditional, and mostly transactional, frequent interactions focused on money matters to more meaningful and holistic ones involving lifestyle aspirations, health and wellness.
The Role- Analyst, Financial Services
The successful accredited professional will research the world of banking (globally) and pull together a comprehensive and detailed understanding of the opportunity this represents in terms of human behaviour, psychology and decision-making in establishing and maintaining a banking relationship.
The Approach (10 days initial effort)
- Finalize the key messages in the proposed research (Days 1-5)
- Discuss work effort with sponsoring client and Team
- Write description of required work effort outlining key information requirements
- Develop a high-level logic flow for the “story” and develop a plan
- Complete and review preliminary research
- Produce Powerpoint document with overview, key findings and opportunity analysis (Days 6-10)
- Produce a skeleton with optimal shape and flow of the story supported by the material
- Poll sources; review material and identify materials that have relevant content
- Populate document with material and begin to shape story
- Client check-in – do we have the necessary content? Does the propose flow make sense?
- Supplement research and/or insight using web access, published texts, etc.
- Produce first draft of document – approx. 80% complete to review with sponsoring client
- With alignment determine next steps, if any, and finalize initial document
Analyst, Financial Services
The successful accredited professional will need to be able to develop and/or demonstrate strong domain knowledge working in financial services Exposure to retail banking would be of value, though not a requirement. The individual must have spent 3-5 or more years in a leading consulting firm or be able to demonstrate the highest levels of rapid knowledge synthesis and writing skills through existing published research reports.
Logistics, process & Rate
Logistics: Exposure to one or more global markets outside of Canada and the United States including Australia, South Africa, Europe and Asia. Starting in early January for an initial 2 weeks.
Offshore and out of town candidates are encouraged to apply as the work involves mostly desk research.
Rate: Final amount to be negotiated with the client, however, depending on the specific level of experience, the daily gross rate range would be between $1,200 and 1,400 CAN.
To apply for this BAF® Please log into the link below to apply online to ICGs new Application Tracking Software (ATS) and confirm that you are available (or will make yourself available) for interviews at the client’s discretion.
1) Click on Sign Up – Use Your primary email address – If you have an ICG email address use that one – You will then get a verification email – Please follow the instructions on the email
2) When you have created a user please go to the applicable BAF and click on Apply now
3) Please fill in the required fields. It will store all the information for your next BAF (It only saves your most recent resume)
4) Most of the fields should be copy and paste from your current APT /CV you have one
5) You will also get an introductory email with all the relevant information if you are a new user of our system
6) In Chrome you will have to accept Cookies to make the system work
If you are aware of suitable candidates for the role that might not already be ICG Accredited Professionals, please forward this email to them and ask them to review our website.