Confidential Market Sounding (CMS®)
Unbiased and candid data, compiled from engagement with key external stakeholders, to support major strategic initiatives
CMSs provide detailed, validated responses from key external stakeholders to a set of prepared questions pertaining to a key element of your corporate strategy. ICG collate and synthesise the interviewee responses to identify trends, consistent themes and strong, one-off messages.
- A rigorous and robust data gathering process conducted by senior ICG Affiliates
- Challenges and/or confirms internal “conventional wisdom” and “widely held beliefs”
- Delivers independent, candid responses from targeted key external stakeholders
- Captures off-the-cuff insights in addition to responses to the formal prepared material
- Allows senior external stakeholders to deliver messages to business leaders that are otherwise muffled by layers of executive staff.
A CMS improves understanding of the external environment by recording the appetites and views of external stakeholders. A CMS is an effective tool to apply prior to launching any critical, strategic initiative that otherwise relies on internally sourced data.
To find out more about how a CMS can help your team, please contact us here.