Practice Leader Corporate Finance
Randolph van der Burgh
Randolph is the Practice Leader for the Corporate Finance Practice. He is based in New Zealand out of Auckland.
- Over 25 years experience in corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, group restructuring and international tax planning gained while a senior tax partner at Ernst & Young (Wellington and Sydney) and recently as a venture capital investor and director of a number of private companies doing business in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and China
- Experience gained through various partner client serving roles and executive director positions in Auckland, Wellington, London, Sydney and Hong Kong across a number of industry sectors including: banking, investment banking, private equity, funds management, life and general insurance, property, mining, dairy, beef, forestry, FMCG and retail
- Deep financial and tax advisory experience having advised a range of financial institutions on major M&A deals, IPOs, divestments, restructurings, project financings, securitisations, film financing deals, structured leasing, structured property financing, and a range of financial and insurance products
- Extensive experience in advising multi-national export focused groups on growth, debt and equity funding, international tax planning, developing and implementing global supply chain and transfer pricing strategies, and profit repatriation strategies
- Led numerous due diligence and PMI teams on major banking, insurance and corporate M&A deals
- Randolph has built and managed sales cycle execution teams in professional services, financial services and FMCG sectors
- Proven track record for improving financial performance and strategy execution
- Extensive negotiation experience with investors, directors, employees, banks, landlords, suppliers and other stakeholders in corporate groups, both in rapid growth and turnaround scenarios
- Broad experience in raising equity, debt and hybrid capital and managing companies so that they are ready for this process
- Diverse leadership experience, people development skills, and complex stakeholder relationship management experience.
Publications, Conferences, Academics & Social Impact
- Randolph is a Chartered Accountant and has a Bachelor of Commerce and Administration Honours (first class) degree from Victoria University of Wellington
- Member of the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Randolph has presented at various external conferences in New Zealand and Australia and has had a number of articles published
- Randolph has tutored undergraduate Accounting courses and lectured selected modules of the postgraduate Master of Applied Finance degree at Victoria University of Wellington and co-developed and tutored Ernst & Young’s internal Diploma in Tax.