Founder, Chief Executive Officer (LON HUB), & Practice Leader Financial Services LON
Andrew Boyes-Varley is the Practice Leader for Financial Services in the UK and is the Founder of the London Hub.
- Andrew has over 25 years’ experience in consulting to blue-chip organisations delivering strategy and operations improvement
- Andrew has led engagements to deliver strategy formulation, enterprise transformation, performance improvement, change management, leadership development and technology leverage
- Andrew has deep Financial Services experience including senior roles at NM Rothschild & Sons and Standard Bank of South Africa in addition to consulting to the industry in banking, insurance and development finance
- He has also consulted across numerous other industries, including airlines, resources, telecommunications, FMCG, services and utilities
- He has lived and worked in the United Kingdom, Australia and South Africa, with clients across Europe, the US, Africa and Australasia
- His experience prior to ICG has been garnered in leadership roles at top tier professional service firms; Bain & Company, Egon Zehnder International, Deloitte, American Management Systems, NM Rothschild & Sons and KPMG.
Publications, Conferences, Academics & Social Impact
- Andrew recently co-authored an ICG Knowledge Area Review on Innovation in the Business Banking Value Proposition and regularly contributes to The Insights Review
- At age 18yo Andrew was awarded a commission in the South African Defence Force (as a Mounted Infantry Platoon Commander)
- He holds a CTA and Commerce (Honours) degree from the University of Cape Town and has completed the International Executive Programme at INSEAD
- He is a member of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (CA(SA)), a fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia (F Fin) and a member the Institute of Directors (MIoD) in the UK
- Andrew has recently presented to the Australian Sales & Marketing Institute: “Enhancing Channel Strategies – Digital Disruption gives rise to the Omni-Channel”
- Andrew undertakes pro-bono work focused on youth and has completed assignments for the Lighthouse Foundation and Typo Station – both organisations focus on helping young people in challenging circumstances.