Founder and Practice Leader Operations & Technology
Allan Barr is a co-Founder of the London Hub.
- Allan has over 30 years’ experience in consulting within blue-chip organisations. His personal specialisms include customer-centric strategies for change, user centred design, large scale programme management, operational improvement and the application, sourcing and delivery of information technology (IT)
- For the last 20 years Allan has held the MD\CEO role in a number of consulting firms, specifically; established and developed over the internal management consultancy of Barclays Bank plc (grew to £20m annual turnover), ran a user-centred design agency (grew from £1.3m to £3.5m turnover over 3 years) and, most recently, completed the turnaround and successful sale of a publicly quoted (AIM listed) boutique consultancy (£10m turnover) specialising in Customer-centric change, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and IT
- Experienced Director of both UK listed and private companies
- Allan has deep Financial Services experience; retail, wealth, corporate and investment. In addition to banking, Allan has consulted into the Retail, Telecommunications, Manufacturing, Distribution and Services sectors
- He has lived in the United Kingdom and The Netherlands, working with clients primarily in Europe and the US. Dutch speaking.
Publications, Conferences,Academics & Social Impact
- Allan graduated from Heriot Watt University with a BA (Honours) in Accountancy & Computer Science
- Completed Executive Education programs at Harvard Business School (Information Technology) and Durham Business School (Strategy & Business Improvement)
- Allan is currently developing an initiative to create a crowdsourced datapool to aid decision making in career choices, particularly in the 16+ age group.