Practice Leader for Retail & Business Banking Products
Julian Cappe is the Practice Leader for Retail & Business Banking Products. He is based in Sydney.
- Julian has more than 15 years’ experience across the retail banking and payments industries in both management and consulting roles.
- He has held senior management positions with a number of Australia’s leading financial institutions including Citibank, Westpac and BT Financial Group. He has held P&L responsibility and successfully managed product portfolios across a range of retail banking and wealth management business lines.
- Julian has successfully led a number of major project and transformation initiatives. He has a track record of delivering market leading value propositions through product and service innovation, and has played a key role in the development of several award-winning financial and wealth products.
- Julian has a deep understanding of retail and business banking, payments and wealth management. His subject matter expertise covers market entry, new product development, pricing, profitability drivers, customer segmentation and the role of product and service innovation in creating a compelling value proposition.
- Julian previously worked at McKinsey and Company, where he advised the senior leadership of many of Australia’s leading companies on their most challenging strategic and operational issues. Prior to this he worked in the legal industry.
Publications, Conferences, Academics & Social Impact
- Julian has completed a Bachelor of Science/Law from UNSW and a Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance and Investments from the Securities Institute of Australia.