Practice Leader Wealth Management & Superannuation
Barry is the Practice Leader for Wealth Management and Superannuation and is based in Melbourne.
- Barry is an experienced wealth industry executive combining a passion for business model innovation with the pragmatism of deep sector experience
- He brings hands-on operating experience as founder of a private equity backed wealth and accounting group, & complements this with five years consulting at Booz & Co where he assisted FS clients in Australia, SE Asia, & UK.
Sample roles include:
- Defining post-crisis cost reduction and subsequent growth strategies for major wealth and accounting groups (2013-14)
- Advising private equity companies looking at acquisitions in the wealth and accounting sector (2014)
- Acquiring six accounting & wealth businesses (2007-12) and integrating them into a single operating model ($700m FUM)
- Overseeing teams responsible for a new operating model for the UK Pension Service (£600m transformation)
- Leading business transformation teams through change programs in the trade finance and consumer loan divisions of a major Thai bank
- Designing a third party mortgage strategy for a major mortgage provider by helping to devise a value proposition that would attract higher value broker-originated loans
- Conducting a salesforce effectiveness review for a major Australian bank in their retail and business banking divisions, including the Private Bank which lead to a comprehensive organisational redesign at GM & GM-1 levels to embed the recommended transformation program.
Publications, Conferences, Academics & Social Impact
- He is a qualified financial adviser, MBA, and Six Sigma executive. He is also a professional engineer, graduating top student in his year.