Toronto Hub Co-Founder, Practice Leader Organizational Effectiveness & Global Partner
Gerry is the Toronto Hub Co-Founder and Global Partner responsible for ICG’s North American business. He has over 25 years of experience as an executive and a principal consultant in several leading global consultancies. An intuitive thinker and an experienced advisor, he has a confident, collaborative and personable working style. He has worked at all levels as an analyst, program manager and engagement executive in North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
His experience and understanding of the cultural dynamics of organizations, helps them to harness their entrepreneurial spirit, break new ground, communicate broadly, uncover new ideas, and seek the unattainable. He has had delivery oversight for product development and management as an executive, and uses this experience working with clients to develop and execute their own business strategies.
Achieves insight into the root cause of complex business problems, action plans to address them and tangible results that lead to sustainable outcomes.
- Focuses on helping his clients to diagnose and navigate strategic barriers and dramatically improve their performance
- Background includes business analysis, product development and program management, advocacy on behalf of industry and strategic work in the C suite. He has successfully guided organizations in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors over many years
- Led dozens of projects designing and implementing effectiveness and growth strategies over 30 years including reengineering, post-merger integration, organizational design, workforce management, lean and other methodologies.
Publications, Conferences, Academics & Social Impact
- An active participant in the not for profit world, having built one of the largest social purpose enterprises in Toronto and overseeing its growth in helping more than 6,000 people each year to furnish their homes in partnership with over 70 local social agencies
- Published in industry journals and responsible for oversight of ICG’s Global Publications Pillar
- Gerry holds a B COMM from the University of Toronto.
PODCAST – Episode 007: How to Eliminate Five Executive Blind Spots
What you can’t see coming will disrupt you.
What your competitors don’t see coming will disrupt them.
All organizations have cultures that promote blind spots, which ultimately leads to failure. Successful innovation comes from eliminating those blind spots, deploying labour to your best advantage (and theirs) and effectively managing change.