WHAT WE DO
In a rapidly consolidating industry, intellectual capital is no longer enough to compete.
We work with you to develop your firm’s:
Power, to beat the competition for the best clients and talent.
Profitability, for the best returns to partners and shareholders.
Resilience, for an organisation that is sustainable for future generations.
For Professional Services Firms
We help address the following:
Survive and thrive in a consolidating market. Globalisation, oversupply, commoditisation and digitisation mean that PSFs are at a crossroads. We:
- Develop effective strategy – by combining incisive discovery, global market insight and highly structured stakeholder involvement
- Evolve team structures and decision-making to foster collaboration and flexibility for ever-changing client needs
- Develop execution capability using our global benchmark
- Implement strategy through M&A (sale-or-buy-side) from transaction design to integration.
Resolve and evolve unhealthy partnership structures. Often, partnership structures, compensation systems and performance management processes are burdened by outdated assumptions, inappropriate practices and poor administration. We:
- Build healthy ownership and reward structures, and have done so in dozens of leading domestic and international professional services firms globally
- Provide seamless systems design and implementation to ensure your firm and its partners perform at their best, through our joint venture with the leading software company in this area.
Increase revenue. Our Revenue Performance Management service quickly identifies precisely where incremental improvements in attracting and closing new business are. We:
- Have helped businesses sustain revenue improvements for almost 150 clients in the past few years by an average of 24% year on year
- Sustain growth and improve new client development
- Assess revenue performance potential in the context of M&A transactions.
Gain Financial Services Industry Insights. Our publications include in-depth Global Industry Radars (GIRs).
- Across various industries, a GIR enables comprehensive coverage of what you and your team need to know so you are always well-informed about your client’s business.
- Our Financial Services GIR in particular provides advantaged access to insights, innovations, developments and key activities across the globe.
Develop partners into leaders. Our Leadership & Executive Development practice is a leading, evidence-based executive coaching practice, operating globally. We:
- Enable leaders and their organization maximise their potential
- Deploy our powerful combination of experience and proven methodology, delivering exceptional results since 2003.
Enable senior management. Leaders of professional services firms can be lonelier than their peers in other sectors – not least because often they are elected from a defined and highly politicalized group of peers. We:
- Offer retained advisor relationships to the C-Suite, department heads and managing partners on all issues, from strategy design to operational effectiveness
- Provide resources in the form of non-executive directors or senior program managers for implementation support.
For Buyers of Professional Services
For financial institutions, government agencies and businesses across all sectors, we:
Improve in-house legal department effectiveness and spend. Internal legal departments and their general counsel are under increasing pressure to control legal spend, improve legal department effectiveness and help grow the front line of the business. We:
- Bring a strong understanding of the legal function (i.e. we understand the difference between e.g. labor law and litigation), long-standing managerial expertise and the experience required to effect change within a legal function
- Implement change in dozens of legal department, including external legal spend reviews, in-house legal department restructuring, external counsel panel optimization, legal project management and legal process outsourcing.
Enable in-house consulting teams. Internal consulting units (and their variants such as strategy teams and operational improvement/excellence teams) are the fastest growing segment of the global consulting industry. Our Internal Consulting Effectiveness practice:
- Has been especially designed help internal consulting units of any size and aspiration evolve to its desired state of sophistication as quickly and as effectively as possible
- Offers a range of cost effective benchmarking and consulting services.